RE: [users@httpd] CGI executing for a certain directory

Thanks for the explanation but I still can't get it right :( (also read the
manual again).

If this is of importance: I'm using Windows XP in combination with Apache
1.3.33

I request like this:
http://localhost/test/cgi-bin/omega.exe

omega.exe is the cgi executable that I want to call and it is in this dir:
C:\Apache\htdocs\test\cgi-bin
I've got the alias set:
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "C:/apache/htdocs/test/cgi-bin/"

Now I request
http://localhost/test/cgi-bin/omega.exe
but I still get the code of the executable viewed :(

When I read the manual I get the impression that I need to put omega.exe in
this dir:
C:\Apache\cgi-bin
And then use this alias:
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "C:/apache/cgi-bin/"
And then call:
http://localhost/test/cgi-bin/omega.exe

but when I do this I get a message that the requested page can't be found.
So what is the solution for this, can someone help me out??

I hope I don't annoy you guys with these basis questions but I'm awfully
confused and just can't make it work.

Thanks,

Floris