Re: [users@httpd] Trouble with regexp on <Directory>, using Apache 1.3.33

On 8/24/05, Martijn <users.apache@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I've been trying to solve this for the last 2 days, but somehow I'm unable
> to see the logic here. Hope anyone can help me explain what's going on:
>
> I've got a few directories, lets say they're named A, B, C and D.
> Two of these (A and B) need to be restricted.
>
> I figured that this should be done by the following regexp:
> <Directory ~ "/home/websites/(A|B)">

Well, I'm not sure why this doesn't work, but you shouldn't even need
a regex for that.  You should be able to do
<Directory /home/websites/[AB]/>
using shell-style wildcard character classes.  See:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/sections.html#file-and-web
which is for a more modern version of the server but should still apply to 1.3.

Joshua.