Re: [users@httpd] session files

On 8/20/05, Bawt T. Eggdrop <darwin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have two apache2 web servers behind a load balancer. What is the best
> way to share session files between these boxes? If I don't share them,
> my users get timed out of the web application too often. Thanks.

I believe that is way too broad of a question.  It would require a
book to answer in that general form.  For example, what is a "session
file" in your case?  How do you track sessions?  (Cookies, I'd
assume.)

The easiest way to handle this is to have an intelligent load balancer
that knows enough to keep a session attached to one back-end server by
analyzing cookies, IP addresses, or whatever.  Other than that, you
need to share data between the back-end servers.  But how you do that
depends on your application.

Joshua.