Re: [users@httpd] Strange qustion - how to prevent apache delay?

I noticed that also a little while back and made a change to the php.ini file I
thought would take care of the problem
and appeared to keep a lot of messages out of the Apache error_log file,
However, I may have missed something.
Here is snippet from php.ini.  Anything out of order here?

error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE
;
;   - Show only errors
;
;error_reporting = E_COMPILE_ERROR|E_ERROR|E_CORE_ERROR
;
;   - Show all errors
;
; 8/9/05 cws:
; turned this off and set to E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE
;error_reporting  =  E_ALL

; Print out errors (as a part of the output).  For production web sites,
; you're strongly encouraged to turn this feature off, and use error logging
; instead (see below).  Keeping display_errors enabled on a production web
site
; may reveal security information to end users, such as file paths on your Web
; server, your database schema or other information.
display_errors = Off

; Even when display_errors is on, errors that occur during PHP's startup
; sequence are not displayed.  It's strongly recommended to keep
; display_startup_errors off, except for when debugging.
display_startup_errors = Off

; Log errors into a log file (server-specific log, stderr, or error_log
(below))
; As stated above, you're strongly advised to use error logging in place of
; error displaying on production web sites.
log_errors = On

; Set maximum length of log_errors. In error_log information about the source
is
; added. The default is 1024 and 0 allows to not apply any maximum length at
all.
log_errors_max_len = 1024

; Do not log repeated messages. Repeated errors must occur in same file on
same
; line until ignore_repeated_source is set true.
ignore_repeated_errors = Off

; Ignore source of message when ignoring repeated messages. When this setting
; is On you will not log errors with repeated messages from different files or
; sourcelines.
ignore_repeated_source = Off

; If this parameter is set to Off, then memory leaks will not be shown (on
; stdout or in the log). This has only effect in a debug compile, and if
; error reporting includes E_WARNING in the allowed list
report_memleaks = On

; Store the last error/warning message in $php_errormsg (boolean).
track_errors = Off

Charlie
8/16/05 12:48 p.m. MST

>>> joshua.kugler@xxxxxxx 8/16/2005 12:37:59 PM >>>
Are you using the debug php.ini or the production php.ini?  We had this
problem too and it turned out that we were using the default .ini file that
has a big header at the top that says "Do not use this in production."

--
Joshua Kugler
CDE System Administrator

This message may contain confidential information, and is
intended only for the use of the individual(s) to whom it
is addressed.