Re: [users@httpd] apache 2.0.54 configuration with cgi,php scripting support

Note that this HTML message (the one I am replying to) contains multiple links to the identical message posted on experts-exchange.com.

Note that the question is a very general one with an obvious answer, but one that will probably be searched for with some frequency ("Apache install and configure documentation"). Note that the terms in the message which are hyperlinked are also ones that would tend to be searched for (documentation, Apache, server, CGI, PHP).

Note that all the links from this posting to experts-exchange will tend to bias search engines to deliver that domain higher in its results.

Note that experts-exchange is a profit making organization, charging $10 per month for (in this case at least) information available elsewhere for free. (There is nothing wrong with making a profit, per se, but that should be for adding value, not ripping off other people's efforts.)

One could speculate that a post such as this may not have been made in good faith.

Perhaps the Apache list server should be set to convert html messages to plaintext. (Mailman has a setting for this, I know.)

Just my two cents' worth.

John

Somebotty wrote:
Hi,

I am looking for good documentation <http://www.experts-exchange.com/Operating_Systems/Linux/Q_21528795.html#> how to install and configure apache <http://www.experts-exchange.com/Operating_Systems/Linux/Q_21528795.html#> 2.0.54 with easy steps.with good security configuration.

With this server <http://www.experts-exchange.com/Operating_Systems/Linux/Q_21528795.html#> i need to configure CGI <http://www.experts-exchange.com/Operating_Systems/Linux/Q_21528795.html#> and PHP <http://www.experts-exchange.com/Operating_Systems/Linux/Q_21528795.html#> scripts how do i do this can anyone please explain me the procedure.

thanks

http://mail.yahoo.com