[users@httpd] PROBLEM RESOLVED: [users@httpd] apachectl startssl --need to start without entering password

Thanks for everyone's assistance!

How can I get rid of the pass-phrase dialog at Apache startup time?
The reason why this dialog pops up at startup and every re-start is that
the RSA private key inside your server.key file is stored in encrypted
format for security reasons. The pass-phrase is needed to be able to
read and parse this file. When you can be sure that your server is
secure enough you perform two steps:

1.      Remove the encryption from the RSA private key (while preserving
the original file):

$ cp server.key server.key.org
$ openssl rsa -in server.key.org -out server.key

2.      Make sure the server.key file is now only readable by root:

$ chmod 400 server.key

Now server.key will contain an unencrypted copy of the key. If you point
your server at this file it will not prompt you for a pass-phrase.
HOWEVER, if anyone gets this key they will be able to impersonate you on
the net. PLEASE make sure that the permissions on that file are really
such that only root or the web server user can read it (preferably get
your web server to start as root but run as another server, and have the
key readable only by root).

Denise O. James
Systems Project Analyst
Florida Department of Education