Re: [users@httpd] How to fight a client causing DoS ?

On 8/14/05, Jon Snow <jsnow27@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> How about mod_bandwidth to limit by number of connections and/or bandwidth
> used per IP etc. For example as a rough set and forget configuration, set it
> so the maximum anyone can suck out of your server is one quarter of your
> maximum connections and bandwidth.
>
> http://www.cohprog.com/v3/bandwidth/intro-en.html
>
> Regards,
> Jon

Good Idea!

I should have mentioned earlier that the server OS is windows (the
decision on MS was not in my area of jurisdiction)

The suggested mod doesn't have a stable port for windows, but there is
an alternative that looks quite reliable to me :
http://www.ivn.cl/apache/#bandwidth
I wonder, does anyone on this list has some experience with this mod?
(for better of for worse).

The [MaxConnection] option sure does look like the proper immediate solution.

Thank you Jon.

--
Cheers,
Maxim Vexler (hq4ever).