Re: [users@httpd] NameVirtualHost xxx:0 has no VirtualHosts

robert rottermann wrote:
> Davide Bianchi wrote:

>>> If I knew how ...
>>>

>> Locate your httpd.conf (usually under /etc/something or use httpd -V to
>> see where apache thinks his config dir is), open it up with your
>> preferred editor, locate the offending line and comment it out.
>> Save the file, restart apache to see if he still complaints.
>>
>> See the documentation about VirtualHost.
>>
>> Davide
>>

> thanks again,
> it is not that I do not know how to edit the config files,
> I do not know how to get rid of the warning.
>
> This is what I have (spread into two files)
>
> NameVirtualHost 147.86.4.81
> <VirtualHost _default_:80 >
>  ServerName intranet.fh-aargau.ch
> </VirtualHost>
> <VirtualHost _default_:443>
>  ServerName intranet.fh-aargau.ch:443
> </VirtualHost>
> <VirtualHost 147.86.4.81:80 >
>  ServerName www.bwl-online.ch
> </VirtualHost>
>

> The real problem I am trying to hunt down is that
> www.bwl-online.ch points to the _default_ VirtualHost

With this I take that you see the same DocumentRoot as the
default one. Apache will serve you the 'default' VHost any
time he can't make up which vhost you want from the header
of the request. This can be a problem in the request itself
(some proxies does scramble things around) or in the
configuration of the VHost.

Now, usually the NameVirtualHost part doesn't need an IP
address, nor the <VirtualHost > directive. If you don't need to
bind the server to a specific IP you can just get out using
an asterisk (*).

NameVirtualHost *:80
NameVirtualHost *:443

<VirtualHost _default_ *:80>
	ServerName ...
</VirtualHost>

And so on and so forth.

More over, this

> <VirtualHost _default_:80 >

Should be <VirtualHost _default_ 147.86.4.81:80> if you are
using the IP address in the NameVirtualHost directive.

See the documentation of Virtual Hosts.

Davide

--
C:\WINDOWS\RUN C:\WINDOWS\CRASH C:\ME\FDISK /usr/src/linux
   -- From a Slashdot.org post