Re: [users@httpd] mod_rewrite vs Content Management Systems

--- Brian Candler <B.Candler@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> (2) using an external rewriting process. Lookup
> syntax is the same as above,
> but you write an external script (e.g. in perl or
> whatever language you're
> happy with) which performs the lookup in whatever
> way you like, e.g. from a
> hash in memory, from a SQL database etc.

So you're suggesting two separate ways of doing this,
one with Apache mod_rewrite and (2) with a different
software program, right? About the only related
software programs I'm familiar with are PHP and MySQL.
But from your last sentence, it sounds like this
couuld be done with a MySQL database.

I hope to get to work on this in a few days. Lots to
learn, but it sounds really cool. Thanks.