Re: [users@httpd] SSL problem

Joshua Slive wrote:

On 8/5/05, michael young <mhyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,
 Im trying to make 1 website. I want it to be accessed using SSL. When
I start apache with "apachectl sslstart" I get no messages saying that
it did or did not start properly.  'ps ax' says apache is running. I can
connect using http:// but when i try https:// i get this message "The
connection to www.childalertcenter.com has terminated unexpectedly. Some
data may have been transfered.". I have attached the config files. can
someone look at them and tell me what im doing wrong. Here are the error
logs messages. From start to stop.

[Fri Aug 05 12:32:53 2005] [error] [client 168.18.158.235] Invalid
method in request \x80g\x01\x03

First, please post only the relevant portions of your config file (ie,
the changes you made), not the whole thing.  We aren't a config
debugging service.
Sorry. I only gave the whole file for completeness. Should I do a diff and send the results next time?

This error means that you connected to a non-SSL vhost.

It is there because you added another vhost to catch the SSL port, but
you didn't turn on the SSL engine inside this vhost.  You should
remove that vhost and put your ssl-related config inside the virtual
host section of the ssl.conf file.

Ill give ti a try and report the results back  :)
thx

Joshua.