RE: [users@httpd] Memory consumption

How are you reading the file in order to output it?  Some of the PHP
commands do indeed read the entire file before processing.  This would
cause the entire file to sit in ram.  I believe there are some binary
functions that only read segments at a time.  I think that is where you
problem lies.

Can you post (or send me) the relevant code segments that you use to
read the file and flush it to the client?

Gary