RE: [users@httpd] Rewrite / reverse proxy question

>From the mod_rewrite manual page:
> + 'nocase|NC' (no case)
> This makes the test case-insensitive, i.e., there is no difference between 'A-Z' and
> 'a-z' both in the expanded TestString and the CondPattern. This flag is effective only
> for comparisons between TestString and CondPattern. It has no effect on filesystem and
> subrequest checks.

If you want to convert the URL path to lowercase, the following directives will convert the first element of the path to all lowercase characters while preserving the rest of the path:

	RewriteMap 	canonicalize int:tolower
	RewriteRule /([^/]+)(.*) /${canonicalize:$1}$2

Another alternative for your [Ee]xchange problem:
	RewriteCond 	$1 			exchange [NC]
	RewriteRule		/([^/]+)(.*) 	http://10.41.63.12/exchange$2 [P]

	ProxyPassReverse 	/exchange 		http://10.41.63.12/exchange

Be aware that ProxyPass directives are evaluated BEFORE rewrite rules. AFAIK you cannot rewrite and then have the rewritten URL ProxyPass'ed.

This will probably not solve your problem, but I hope it will at least give you some leeds.

-ascs