[users@httpd] mod_ssl missing

We built a box months ago using SuSE 9.1, and installed everything straight from the CD's via YaST but it seems that when we tried to get a SSL enabled site to work, it gave us errors. Doing a quick search on the box it seems that mod_ssl.c isn't installed. When I do a /usr/sbin/httpd2 -l mod_ssl.c doesn't not appear in the list compiled modules. From my understanding mod_ssl is part of the apache 2.0.49 build that comes with SuSE 9.1, but it doesn't seem to be installed.

This server is now running numerous sites and I'm trying to resolve this with as little interruption to service for the sites as possible. So I'm left with a few questions:

1) Is there away to make mod_ssl work through YaST?
2) Can I download and install mod_ssl from modssl.org without it breaking anything?
3) How do I recompile apache2 with mod_ssl if I used the cd's?

Any help would be appreciated!

TIA!