[users@httpd] can apache use 2 different auth modules?

hello,

I'm trying to find out if it's possible to configure Apache2 with two seperate authentication modules (mod_auth_mysql and mod_auth_pgsql) running in the same server.

I have two virtual servers running, and one needs mod_auth_mysql to authenticate users against fields in a MySQL database. The other virtual server does authentication using mod_auth_pgsql to authenticate users against fields in a Postgresql database.

The problem I'm finding is that whichever module is loaded first (listed in httpd.conf) wins.

If mod_auth_mysql is listed first, the authentication mechanism in the virtual server that needs Postgresql authentication fails and tries to use MySQL, even the the directives are configured for Postgresql. The error logs show that "MySQL" authentication fails even though it's supposed to use postgresql.

If mod_auth_pgsql is listed first, then the same thing happens to the virtual server using MySQL authentication: the error logs show postgresql auth failing, even though that virtual server is configured for MySQL auth.

Is there a solution to this, or am I just going to have to set up seperate servers (or try to install 2 instances of Apache on same server)?

Thanks for any advice,
DW