Re: [users@httpd] CGI via suexec

> > I'm trying to implement such scenario where a cgi script would be run as
> > the user that just authed against the local passwd. This way the cgi
> > script would have the same rights as the local user does.
> >
> > Anyone have any ideas how to pass the login information to suexec?
>
> If you mean HTTP authentication login, then it can't be done.  This
> would violate suexec's security model.  It only runs scripts based on
> their owner.
>
> You can look at cgiwrap, which is a little more flexible.  But I doubt
> it will do this either.

It didn't seem like cgiwrap would be able either. Any other ideas,
anyone? Last resort is to sourcedive for the http auth login bit, and
hook it to a homebrewn cgiwrapper, or a modified version of
suexec/cgiwrap. But this is a lot of work, perhaps too much for what it
would achieve.

--
 \   ______//     Atte Peltomäki - Atte.Peltomaki@xxxxxxxxxxxx