Re: [users@httpd] mod_python stops subversion

Joshua Slive wrote:
On 7/25/05, Mike Dewhirst <miked@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I got a hint from the subversion list that I could maybe post this here.
Any advice appreciated.

Overview

I just added mod_python to apache2 and my subversion repositories are no
longer accessible via TortoiseSVN. Update returns the following error ...

PROPFIND request failed on '/repos/xfiles/wip95'
PROPFIND of '/repos/xfiles/wip95': Could not read status line:
connection was closed by server. (http://svn.domain.com)

I can remove the offending module and everything works again.

[Mon Jul 25 12:15:57 2005] [notice] child pid 3110 exit signal
Segmentation fault (11)

Well, this means there is definitely a bug someplace.  The easiest way
to find it would be to find the core dump (see the CoreDumpDirectory
directive)

Having checked the docs I decided to make it /var/log/apache2/coredump and put the directive at the end of httpd.conf.

I noticed that the log directory is owned by root and the group is root as well. The logs themselves are rw-r--r--. They contain data so does this mean Apache writes its logs with root privileges?

/etc/apache2/uid.conf indicates wwwrun and www as the userid and group and the first directive in httpd.conf is Include /etc/apache2/uid.conf.

Does this mean something is broken?

and get a backtrace to see who is at fault.

Should I (I'll try it) include mod_backtrace in the list of modules?

Thanks

Mike

Joshua.