Re: [users@httpd] ProxyPass + NoProxy?

On 7/20/05, Jason Morehouse <jm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm trying to setup a transparent proxy to a remote host with ProxyPass.
>
> ProxyPass / http://myserver.com
>
> This works great, but I also want to bypass the remote proxy based on
> host.
>
> >From my interpretation of the documentation, it appears NoProxy should
> do the trick.... but it doesn't, any way I skin it
>
> NoProxy .somedomain.com 199.122.122.1/32
>
> I am I missing something?  Does NoProxy not work with ProxyPass?  And if
> so, is there anther way to bypass it based on the requesting host, or
> another way to access a remote server without ProxyPass?

No, NoProxy is to exclude particular destination servers from being
passed using ProxyRemote.  It is not at all intended for your
situation.

It sounds to me like what you want to do is simply deny by host, using
a <Location> section and deny/allow/order directives.  But if you
really want to exclude a particular client from proxying (and hence
give them the content directly from the current server), then you can
use mod_rewrite:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{REMOTE_ADDR} !^199.122.xxx
RerwiteRule / http://myserver.com/ [P]

Note that you must use a regex rather than CIDR notation.

Joshua.