From: Thom Hehl [mailto:thom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, July 18, 2005 7:32 PM
To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] CGI path problem

OK. I figured out to place the path in /etc/init.d/httpd and now I can
find the program. Now I'm getting the error:

sh:/opt/java/bin/java: Permission denied

The permissions on java are 755, which should allow execution. Is there
something that prevents CGI scripts from calling other binaries?

Thanks.

Thom Hehl wrote:

> I have a CGI program that calls a java program. I have placed the
> java/bin directory into my PATH in /etc/bashrc (Redhat Linux) and can
> run my CGI fine from the command prompt. When I execute it through the

> web server, though, I get the following message in my error.log:
>
> "sh: java: command not found"
>
> I am reading this as Apache cannot find the java binary. Is there
> something I'm missing? Maybe a path somewhere in httpd.conf?
>
> Thanks

dangerous content by Ex Libris (USA), and is
believed to be virus free.