Re: [users@httpd] SSL headers through proxy

Luiz Gustavo Anflor Pereira wrote:
Thank you for answering. My apache is 2.0.50. I will upgrade it to 2.0.52. But it seems to me that mod_rewrite will (as the name says) rewrite the URL, and the client will see the new URL. Is that correct?

In my case, the backend server is behind a firewall, so that the cliente doesn't (and must not) know the real application server, that's why i am trying to use mod_ssl, mod_headers and mod_proxy...

No. This is what the [P] flag at the end of the RewriteRule statement is for. Using the [P] flag tells mod_rewrite to interface with mod_proxy to do an actual Proxy request for the backend URL. The reason you have to use a RewriteRule and not a Proxy statement is to ensure that the variable processing happens before the proxy request is made. Not all statements in an httpd.conf file are executed in literal top-down order...

-Brian