RE: [users@httpd] Apache2 on Solaris

I understand you have solaris installed and running. Do you also have apache installed and running? If so, great, if not: http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/install.html

Once installed, you can use the "apachectl" script directly as a startup script. The start-up environment on solaris is only slightly different from Linux;

- assume apachectl is in /home/apache/bin/apachectl
- Start apache at run level 3 (to be sure TCP/IP is up and running before trying to start apache).
- Run level 3 start-up directory is /etc/rc3.d so cd there and make a symlink to apachectl, eg:

	cd /etc/rc3.d
	ln -s /home/apache/bin/apachectl S50apache

PS - I am assuming you understand how startup scripts work...

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> I shall appreciate anyone helping me with one or a useful link.
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> --
> Best Regards
>
> Tope Akinniyi
>

> Please do not forget: Jesus is the way, the truth and the life.

Diese E-mail ist eine private und persönliche Kommunikation. Sie hat keinen Bezug zur Börsen- bzw. Geschäftstätigkeit der SWX Gruppe. This e-mail is of a private and personal nature. It is not related to the exchange or business activities of the SWX Group. Le présent e-mail est un message privé et personnel, sans rapport avec l'activité boursière du Groupe SWX.

This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender urgently and then immediately delete the message and any copies of it from your system. Please also immediately destroy any hardcopies of the message. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient. The sender's company reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through their networks. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorised to state them to be the views of the sender's company.