Re: [users@httpd] ./ Relative paths fail silently / Suse Linux / shell?

On 7/16/05, Autumnal <autumnal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Greetings and a quick question. I haven't found info on this in
> newsgroup searches, google, or any other searches. I'm not sure if
> it's a UNIX/shell issue or an Apache config issue that I'm having --
> again, the lack of info is frustrating. It's not CGI-language
> specific, either.
>
> I rediscovered this when trying to install phpMyAdmin, which uses the
> path style './some/directory/path' all over the place. It fails
> silently, as does any other reference in HTML, PERL, you name it to a
> path using ./
>
> My question is -- how do I enable this in Apache? I'd just like to
> access files/scripts this way (most phpMyAdmin) while still
> maintaining the accessibility of this format:
> pathname/another/path/file.file, which is the default behavior of
> Apache under Suse 9.
>
> Apologies if this is too basic, but I seem to have hit a brick will in
> my quest for info.

It is completely unclear to me what problem you are trying to solve.
Exactly where do these relative paths occur?  What do you mean by
"fails silently"?  If you are having problems with paths in html
pages, then that has nothing directly to do with apache.  The browser
is resolving those paths.

Joshua.