RE: [users@httpd] Starting Apache2 on Win2k as another user

I would get filemon from sysinternals site and use to see which "Access Denied" error messages you get for that user and then give them rights to access them.

Boyle Owen <Owen.Boyle@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> [...]

Are you sure that's a windows path name? Doesn't win32 usually use paths like C:\Program Files\Apache and so on?

Alternatively, it could be that the bit of the path you don't see is user-defined and it works as admin because admin has a bin/conf/httpd.conf but apacheuser doesn't..

However, I'm no windows guru...

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> This is from the standard Windows Installer install for
> version 2.0.54,
> I have no idea why it would look for the configuration file in
> "bin/conf/" instead of just "conf/" (and copying the conf
> directory into
> bin doesn't help at all, so I wonder if that is the real problem).
>
> Doesn anyone have any id ea what could be wrong? Is there some other
> information you'd need?
>
> Thanks in advance for any advice.
>
> -- Stephen

Diese E-mail ist eine private und persönliche Kommunikation. Sie hat keinen Bezug zur Börsen- bzw. Geschäftstätigkeit der SWX Gruppe. This e-mail is of a private and personal nature. It is not related to the exchange or business activities of the SWX Group. Le présent e-mail est un message privé et personnel, sans rapport avec l'activité boursière du Groupe SWX.

This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender urgently and then immediately delete the message and any copies of it from your system. Please also immediately destroy any hardcopies of the message. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient. The sender's company reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through their networks. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorised to state them to be the views of the sender's company.