Re: [users@httpd] Difficulties with apache logging

On 6/21/05, Noah <admin2@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Somebody please recommend someplace else I am able to go to so I may receive adequate, timely
> response to some difficulties I am having with apache.

Yes: go hire a consultant.

You've so far asked this question at least 3 times in 24 hours.  That
is not how mailing lists work.  You need to give some time for people
to read and respond.  If you can't afford that, then go pay someone to
answer your questions.

The simple fact of the matter is, there was no change in apache that
could cause POSTs to not be logged.  So this must be something in your
setup.  Are you absolutely sure that apache is receiving POST requests
but not logging them?  Perhaps someone changed the application to use
another method?  Perhaps there is a proxy or another server grabbing
those requests?  Perhaps you are doing conditional logging and
excluding those requests.  (Your earlier config snippet didn't show
this, but maybe you didn't show the correct config file.)

Other than that, you could have identified a bug in apache or in the
freebsd port, but that is *highly* unlikely, since I have never seen a
report like this.  It is much more likely that this is something
specific with your setup.

Joshua.