Re: [users@httpd] How to setup new directories for perl scripts?

On 6/21/05, Siegfried Heintze <siegfried@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am running V2.0.48 on windows 2003 Server.

You should probably upgrade.

> I am using virtual hosts and
> have successfully created some virtual hosts that allow my customers access
> to static pages. For each virtual host, I have created a document root
> directory to contain static pages.
>
> Could someone kindly point me to the documentation that explains how to
> create cgi-bin (script) directories for each of these virtual hosts so I can
> add scripts too?

This depends on exactly what you want.  One method is simply to include a
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /full/path/to/vhost/cgi-bin
in each <VirtualHost> section.  This will override the main cgi-bin.
Some other possibilities are discussed here:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/howto/cgi.html#configuring

> Also: I already have a single cgi-bin directory that was created by the
> initial installation. This working. However, I tried to create a single
> sub-directory in that original cgi-bin directory and place a script in
> there. The web server won't execute it. I tried chmod but that did not help.
> How can I execute scripts stored in subdirectories?

Indeed scripts in subdirectories should be executed by default when
using ScriptAlias.  Why don't you tell us what you got in the error
log when you tried to execute the script.

Joshua.