RE: [users@httpd] Errors in the error log

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Jason Czerak [mailto:jason.czerak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
> Sent: Montag, 20. Juni 2005 16:17
> To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [users@httpd] Errors in the error log

Use the timestamps to cross-reference the errors with requests in the access log. Once you can reproduce the errors you can start to figure out what type of request is causing them.

Possibly an inconsistently compiled module is being accessed...

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> [Fri Jun 17 03:57:00 2005] [notice] child pid 12949 exit signal File
> size limit exceeded (25)
> [Fri Jun 17 03:58:22 2005] [notice] child pid 13095 exit signal File
> size limit exceeded (25)
> [Fri Jun 17 04:05:26 2005] [notice] child pid 13221 exit signal File
> size limit exceeded (25)
>
> [Fri Jun 17 09:15:28 2005] [notice] child pid 30221 exit signal
> Segmentation fault (11)
> [Fri Jun 17 09:15:28 2005] [notice] child pid 31718 exit signal
> Segmentation fault (11)
> [Fri Jun 17 09:47:37 2005] [notice] child pid 2642 exit signal
> Segmentation fault (11)
>
> *** glibc detected *** double free or corruption (!prev):
> 0x081cad38 ***
> [Fri Jun 17 15:21:05 2005] [notice] child pid 26594 exit
> signal Aborted
> (6)
> *** glibc detected *** double free or corruption (!prev):
> 0x082d7190 ***
>

> These are the 3 unique errors types I been seeing in my logs. This
> apparently hasn't affected  Any performance or stability of my server.
> But They do raise some concern for me.
>
> My environment is AMD64, RedHat EL 4 64-bit.  Apache is _NOT_  redhat
> supplied. There for doesn't totally warrant a support call.
>
> Application software is WebLogic 8.1SP3 32-bit (no amd support yet).
> Apache is compiled on a 32-bit EL _3_ box, tared up and
> transferred over
> to the EL4 box. I was unable to get apache 2.0.52 to compile
> as a 32-bit
> binary on EL4. The Weblogic module is already pre-compiled as
> 32-bit, so
> I am forced to use a 32-bit apache.
>
> As for the *** glibc detected *** double free or corruption (!prev):
> 0x081cad38 *** error, there is some googled info for that one,
>
> http://nwn.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=431595&forum=56
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2005-January/msg01918.html
>
> These ideas good? bad?
>
> I plan on compiling Apache 2.0.52 on an El4 32-bit box
> shortly to see if
> this error cleans up. Other then this possible solutions, Any ideas?
>

> --
> Jason Czerak (Jason.Czerak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)
> PPD Medical Device -- New Hope, MN
> System Administrator
>
> Desk:  763.489.6128
> Cell:  586.405.8366 (Nextel: 130*21*2819)
> Pager: 877.448.9280 (8774489280@xxxxxxxxxx)

> This email transmission and any documents, files or previous email
> messages attached to it may contain information that is
> confidential or
> legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient or a person
> responsible for delivering this transmission to the intended
> recipient,
> you are hereby notified that you must not read this transmission and
> that any disclosure, copying, printing, distribution or use of this
> transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received
> [...]
Diese E-mail ist eine private und persönliche Kommunikation. Sie hat keinen Bezug zur Börsen- bzw. Geschäftstätigkeit der SWX Gruppe. This e-mail is of a private and personal nature. It is not related to the exchange or business activities of the SWX Group. Le présent e-mail est un message privé et personnel, sans rapport avec l'activité boursière du Groupe SWX.

This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender urgently and then immediately delete the message and any copies of it from your system. Please also immediately destroy any hardcopies of the message. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient. The sender's company reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through their networks. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorised to state them to be the views of the sender's company.