Re: [users@httpd] Not Logging Proxy Requests

Joshua,

Just verified that these are the RAW headers that the server is seeing :

This is from a ktrace session on the server (with x's to preserve anonymity):

64160 httpd    GIO   fd 4 read 558 bytes
      "GET /info.php HTTP/1.0\r
       Host: tim.xxxxx.com\r
Accept: text/xml,application/xml,application/xhtml+xml,text/html;q=0.9,text/plain;q=0.8,im\
       age/png,*/*;q=0.5\r
       Accept-Charset: ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7\r
       Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate\r
       Connection: close\r
       \r
      "

As you can see, the "X-Forwarded-For" header is sent.

In my SetEnvIf statement, I cant seem to set another environment variable that will allow me to not log it, cause for some reason it doesn't appear to see that header variable.

Tim.

Joshua,

actually, PROXY_ADDR is an environment variable that is created by mod_extract_forwarded...

But, HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR is a header that is sent with the request from the proxy machine to the destination. I have also tried to use this variable, but to no avail...

On your recommendation I tried HTTP-X-FORWARDED-FOR, but that doesn't work either.

If what you said is true (that the headers have dashes instead of underscores, then how is it that SetEnvIf works using Remote_Addr ???

Ultimately, the question becomes, how do I not log a proxy request ?

Thanks,

Tim.