Re: [users@httpd] Using Apache Error Pages

Marc de Wet wrote:
> Hi K. Anand,
> I understand what you have sent me,but in the
> httpd.conf,there is a section where you can tell apache to
> use its own error pages,you just need to uncomment them,or
> so it looks,but when I do it still displays the IE error
> pages. The apache error pages I want to use are the default
> ones in the error folder,so the size problem is not
> relevant here,from what I can see.
Ah, I think you misunderstand here...
Apache returns the error page you have defined... this is what I have
defined in my own web server:

    Alias /error/ "/filesystem/path/to/share/error/"

    <Directory "/filesystem/path/to/share/error/">
        AllowOverride None
        Options IncludesNoExec
        AddOutputFilter Includes html
        AddHandler type-map var
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
        LanguagePriority en es de fr
        ForceLanguagePriority Prefer Fallback
    </Directory>
    ErrorDocument 404 /error/HTTP_NOT_FOUND.html.var
{etc...}

However, if the file returned is tiny, IE elects to ignore the page thus
returned, and display it's own page.

What happens if you test the error page with a non-ie browser?
--

Ian Stuart.
EDINA,

http://edina.ac.uk/