RE: [users@httpd] Apache 1.3 caching problem...

You need to better describe what you are trying to achieve.

>From what I understand you are trying to read a document which is cached by Apache and occasionally modified somehow by a script.

If you know the frequency at which the file will change, you might consider including <META http-equiv="Cache-Control" content="max-age=1800"> or something like that in your file so that it will become stale after 1800 seconds (30 minutes)

If your script updates the file randomly and it is important that the changes are available to the user immediately, then you may want to put <META http-equiv="Cache-Control" content="no-cache"> in your file in order for the file not to be cacheable.

There are also other possibilities, but the solution depends on your setup which we know nothing about.

-ascs

________________________________

From: abc [mailto:apachemono@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, June 09, 2005 9:01 PM
To: apache-httpd-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [users@httpd] Apache 1.3 caching problem...

Hi experts...

Our new Apache 1.3's perl module is reading a file. Now even if I delete that file, the app works because Apache is caching that file. The problem is it not picking up the changes made to that file. So we have to restart the Apache every time we change the file. We don't want that. The Production version of Apache does not need a restart. It picks uplatest file. Ours use cache.

Please help...
Thanks!!

 <http://clients.rediff.com/signature/track_sig.asp>