Re: [users@httpd] irc eggdrop exploit woes

Ivan Barrera A. wrote:
Using some packaged distro (as fedora) is pretty easy

rpm -VVV on each package, and reinstall the affected ones (supossing
that you have some binary replaced)

The eggdrop.. you can wipe it out of the disk

Eben Goodman wrote:

I actually know which user it got through on, it came in through an
insecure php nuke application.  I have since removed the nuke app, but
the damage appears to be done, since this eggdrop crap is still running
on the server.  Is there a way to find, and remove the software once it
has found it's way on?

thanks,
Eben