Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2 looking for wrong httpd.conf file on Mac

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ed Heckman" <eheckman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, June 01, 2005 1:40 PM
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2 looking for wrong httpd.conf file on Mac

on 5/30/05 1:16 PM, Davide Bianchi at davide@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

httpd -V will show you where he thinks that the configuration file is,

on 5/31/05 12:08 AM, Tejas Sanghavi at tejas.sanghavi@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Try './apachectl configtest'. This will pick the current version. If apache is installed in some other directory as well and that directory is present
in the environment variable PATH first, then problem may arise.

These two responses combined to give the answer I needed. Httpd -V showed me that what I was launching was the copy of Apache that comes with Mac OS X. I
wasn't aware that unix searches for executables in the PATH but not the
current directory, unlike DOS. So being in the correct directory and just
typing 'httpd' did NOT launch the copy in that directory, it launched one
from somewhere else. No wonder I was confused!

Thank you guys for helping to clear this up for me.

Now to grapple with the next problem(s)...

You may find it useful to add . (current directory) at some
point (beginning?) in your PATH definitions (.profile and/or
/etc/profile ?).

--J