[users@httpd] Apache2 Action/Handler problem

Hi there,

I coulnd't find anything related to my problem either in the ml archive or by googling so here am I.

We've recently upgraded our PHP development host from Apache 1.3 to Apache 2.0 in order to validate that our application would run on it.

Our application need for some part, to make use of the Action/Handler system of Apache.

The following two lines are used in httpd.conf

AddHandler pdf .pdf
Action pdf /cgi-bin/handlepdf.pl

The expected result is that when you call an url pointing to a .pdf file, it call the handler the script instead of returning the file. BTW, the script is working fine when I call it directly so it's not that it's not recognised as Script.

This was perfectly working under Apache 1.3 but isn't under Apache 2.0 (Tested with last available release 2.0.54)

I would bet for an bug in the mod_actions module in the Apache2 branch but before posting a bug report, I'm following the process to post here in case someone already had the problem.

Regards, Jean-Marc.