Re: [users@httpd] Routing \ Apache Question

Jonathan,

Have you set your router to forward ports 80/443 to
your web server's private LAN address(es) (or whatever
port(s) the server listens to) ?  Your router firewall
has selectable operating modes and you need to check
what you think is working with the doc at:

http://www.netopia.com/equipment/tech/doc_center.html

If you find you cannot get it working with your
router's NAT and firewall, try putting the web server
on the DMZ, but make sure you have a Windows 2000
firewall application running FIRST, like Sygate's.
W2K does not have its own firewall, only WXPSP2 does.
The firewall will protect you from port scanning which
is horrendous on the internet.  Sygate's personal
firewall is free or you can buy the Pro version:

Personal:
http://www.download.com/3000-2092_4-10049526.html

Pro:  http://smb.sygate.com/buy/download_buy.htm

There are others that come with anti-virus packages
also, depending on what anti-virus you are using.

BZAG