Re: [users@httpd] win 2K install problem

you could try enabling msi logging and see if it gives any indication of why it fails:

msiexec /i filename.msi /L*! "c:\msiapache.txt"
this logs most things, there are different logging options (/L*v! and /L*vx! which will log much much more but can log too much ;) )

ed

Mike Dewhirst <miked@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Matt Daniel wrote:
> sorry did not finish the sentence
> I have installed the same software, on the same network on another machine I have that is a WinXp and less "modern" and that works fine, so I assume there is no network rights type problems

IIRC, you can opt to avoid "Creating shortcuts"

Maybe that will let it complete (optimism pays sometimes :) )

Mike