[users@httpd] win 2K install problem

Some things to consider:

Because you mentioned "work network", does your Win2K
PC sit in a Windows domain?  If so, are you sure you
have full admin rights, meaning, perhaps your domain
admin has installed a group policy that restricts
rights on your PC?  Are you logged on using your
domain account or as a local administrator?  Try
installing as local admin to take the domain stuff out
of the picture.  If that doesn't work, and your PC is
in a domain, try removing your PC's machine account
from the domain, at least temporarily, if this is
permitted, and redo the Apache install - just remember
that this may be against your own company's policy,
and that you will lose logon access with your domain
account, so it might be better to try it on a test W2K
PC not in the domain.   Are you running SP4 with the
latest updates?  Did you try shutting down all other
applications, including anti-virus, while installing
(you should unplug your network cable before you
shutdown anti-virus)?

BZAG
Matt Daniel wrote:

Hi

I am trying to install apache 2 on my win 2k machine
and the install gets stuck on
"Creating shortcuts".
The install will stall with the bar graph all most at
the end and will then time out.

I have installed the same software, on the same
network on another machine I have that is a WinXp and
less "modern"

I have tried install for both all users and current
user.
I have shut all programs down
I have rebooted

Is there something I could have running that could
affect the install ?

Thanks
Matt

Installing on a work network.
On my local PC
I have admin rights to the PC
The PC
Dell Precision 340
2.2 GHz
1 Gig Ram
C: 1x18 Gig SCSI
D: 1x120 Gig EIDE
X: CD-RW

"You know, Brair, I think madness is just an extreme
 form of sanity."  -- Inspector Rory Alleyn.