Re: [users@httpd] windows user

Byron Dickson wrote:

Hi,

 > I am having trouble connecting to Mysql from dreamweaver,  it's telling

me that the that the folder I am pointing the testing server to is not the right folder.

huh?

Apache has nothing to do with neither MySQL nor Dreamweaver. Apache is a webserver.

I am working on localhost, and trying to create the website in a folder not in the apache documentroot. Do I have to set up virtual server and how do I do that. I have tried following the instructions on the website and have succeeded in making apache not work. I am using apache 1.3.33.

you can either use VirtualHost or change apaches DocumentRoot. by making apache not work you mean it wont start? check the error log.

eoghan

Just want to point out that not all Windows users are like that...