[users@httpd] Rewrite text in served pages

Hello,

Suppose an email harvester (evil) from wewillspamyou.com visits my site,
domain.com

Is there a way for Apache to detect the user and rewrite certain text that
appears in the webpage that is served to that user?

Here's the kicker:

I'm looking to Apache to fulfill this need.

I can't use php (or write some inline code in another language). Doing so
would require modifying software that I install but don't maintain (say,
pre-packaged blogging software), would require me to modify each software
each time it's updated, AND may cause instability issues if I don't notice
something particular to some software and cause me to screw up.

Therefore, the only choice remaining is to ask someone who knows a little
bit about Apache. =)

------------------

Here's some elaboration on the problem:

For instance, if I detect a visitor from spammers.com, to the webpage
delivered to that user, I want to modify (falsify) text that follows the
"mailto:"; string.

Instead of:
mailto: personalemail@xxxxxxxxxx

I would much rather prefer to translate text to:
mailto: bill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm thinking: are there some plugins or instructions which permit apache
while serving a page (right before released to user) to:

1. search for text that matches a regex pattern
2. then take actions (like say, invoke sed search and replace) on that text
to replace with alternate text

Just wondering what the best way to do this would be.

I'm wondering if there's some directives that would apply for any page
served by apache for my domain.com

------------------

I don't know if this can be done. At least, I don't know enough about Apache
to make a call either way. But maybe there is a hope to get this solved some
other way.

This idea would certainly be a great way to do a little stenography kung fu
on spammers. I'm sure bill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wouldn't mind (of course you mind,
Bill, that was a joke, please don't be mad).

Though an easy solution: I wish to avoid using images to encode my email
strings. I really hope to find some solution using the above mentioned
teqniques.

Thanks for your thoughts.
-Krystian