Re: [users@httpd] Apache on Linux

From: Eric Ladner <eric.ladner@xxxxxxxxx>
To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Apache on Linux
Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 21:35:34 -0500

Xandros reports that it's compatible with Debian package from the Woody
distribution.

See http://packages.debian.org/sta<http://packages.debian.org/stable/web/apache>
ble/web/apache <http://packages.debian.org/stable/web/apache>

Interesting that no 2.0 package is availible. You'd probably have to search
the docs for the proper way to install apache (probably requires more than
just that one package). I've never used Debian so I can't say.

On 5/15/05, Broming plutonium <zhangzhaoxi2003@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello everyone. I lost my Windows OS, and installed
> Xandros, which is a version of Linux.
>
> I'n not at all familiar with Linux. How do I install
> Apache on it? I downloaded the source code, unzipped
> it, and did ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache2.
> Everything seemed to go normally until this line
> appeared:
>
> configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in
> $PATH
>
> This means that none of the C compilers gcc, cc, and
> cl are in my paths. Where can I get gcc, which is
> supposed to be a single file? (I'm used to using gcc
> in Windows).
>
> By the way, thanks for the help with w;wget. :)

Eric Ladner