RE: [users@httpd] adding virtual hosts without restarting ??

A graceful sends a SIGUSR1 to the parent apache process, causing it to reload its config file. However, recall that the argument to the SSL cert directive is just the path to the file. So graceful just tells apache the name of the cert file, it doesn't actually cause apache to read the file. For that you need a proper stop/start. I can't recall if a restart is sufficient (SIGHUP).

Rgds,
Owen Boyle