RE: [users@httpd] Hacked the website replace the index.hm page

Hi All

Thanks you all for helping me to fix the problem. The user removed the old version of phpBB and will upgrade it later.

Thanks
Mathew

>>> gary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 9/05/05 13:48:43 >>>
That's the key right there.  You probably need to think of multiple
approaches to securing the files (suexec, cgiwrappers, php level tweaks,
etc).

This is the one place where *nix and apache fall a hair short.  What
would be nice would be the ability to assign user level settings to each
virtual host.  That way you can run it under the user and they can only
modify their own file.  So if they don't upgrade things like phpbb it
affects them only and not the entire client base of that server.

I know there is an alpha stage project out there for 2.0.x that does
just this but I would have been nice to have this as part of the design
implementation.

Gary