[users@httpd] Apache Install and config

Hi John Thanks for taking the time ,
Yes I am running a D-Link Di-604 router.I have an entry on the WAN side called web http with my private ip on port 80. I am running Xp professional. As Apache 2 is finishing installing a box pops up and says { only one usage of each socket address is normally permitted. Make_sok.} I didn't catch the rest before it timed out. And then another box popped up with {error os 2 system cannot find the file specified Apache service not installed}. Then the apache installation wizard tells me that it has successfully installed Apache HTTP server. If I open Net Server Manager it says Apache service installed. I have 2 other pc's on the network running software firewalls. The pc I am installint Apache on is running a Net defense firewall. Thanks Roger

Sorry, I would like to help, but don't understand...allow me to parse:

Roger Ledbetter wrote:

Hi, I'm new to setting up web servers. I have been trying to install and configure apache 2.0.54 win32-x86_ssl . I have installed no-ip's netserver_01beta4_bin. Apache installs correctly according to the dialog box. When I run the program it says ,no apache 2 service installed.

Errr, what program are you running? Under what OS? and how are you running it?

When I open the Apache install dialog under Domain/ IP Address I am putting the IP address that i get reported from No_IP DUC. and in the next box the email that I registered with NO_IP.com. Am I going about this all wrong? Is there a website that explains the procedure in laymans terms>? Thanks. Roger

Are you going through a router? If so, is the router configured to pass WAN requests on certain ports to the LAN where the Apache server is? (If you don't know what I mean here, you need to spend some time reading your router manual about how to configure it) Its kinda hard to make suggestions if we don't know the configuration of what your attempting to do.