Re: [users@httpd] Load balancing

I thing that one verry good solution is combination of DNS with something else...

You need the DNS to separate the requests... You can easy solve the problem with the sessions with shareing the directoryes where thay reside between the computers in the network and the only thing you must worry about is to keep the content of your site consistent.

At least I think that this is one of the easyest solutions.

Regards
	M.Marinov

Carlos Baptista wrote:
Hi,

I need help to find a good solution for this: I have two servers with apache+php connectd to Oracle. I want to load balance the work between the two servers. The two servers will share the same htmldocs/ and temp/, because the problem of php session's data, in a storage area network.

Searching the archives from this list the two solutions that I found wasn't what I'm looking for: DNS and LVS.
For LVS I need one more machine at least, and DNS doesn't seem very reliable.

Does anyone have suggestions?
Thanks.

ps.. yes, my english sucks... sorry :(