RE: [users@httpd] problems accessing mounted directories

We purchased a terastore drive nas solution (which unfortunately only
supported samba), mounted it to /var/www/html/terastore and it has been
working without any problem.  We didn't do anything special to the
permissions though.

Trying using a basic mount first

smbmount //192.x.x.x/web_documents /var/www/documents -o username=xxx

and see if that helps.  Get it working as a normal mount before mounting
it with fstab.

Now to the dumb questions.  Do you have an index.html in there or are
you expending an index?  If you are expecting the index of files did you
enable indexing?