Re: [users@httpd] dynamic virtual hosts

http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/vhosts/mass.html

>> I've read that many times.... I cant even get the
>> simple configuration such as beneath working
>>
>> VirtualDocumentRoot /var/www/%0/htdocs
>> VirtualScriptAlias /var/www/%0/cgi-bin
>>
>> so why does that not work??? my traditional vhost
>> setup is as follows and that works fine.... why not
>> the above? yet it will do whats below:

>You need to look in the error log to see what that
>problem is.

this is what the error_log gives on each request

[Mon May 02 18:01:15 2005] [debug] mod_proxy.c(418):
Trying to run scheme_handler
[Mon May 02 18:01:15 2005] [warn] proxy: No protocol
handler was valid for the URL /. If you are using a
DSO version of mod_proxy, make sure the proxy
submodules are included in the configuration using
LoadModule.

>> I was wondering if there was a way to do it without
>> symbolic links

>You could perhaps create two name-based <VirtualHost>
sections, one
>with a "ServerAlias www.*" that has directives to
catch that case, and
>the other, listed first, that would catch the non-www
case.  But the
>symlinks are simpler, and would recommend sticking
with that.

^(TRACE|TRACK)

needed

>> but if I dont have it I get a forbidden access
>> message???

>That doesn't seem very likely.  Are you absolutely
>sure?  These rules
>have nothing to do with ordinary request serving.

Well I just checked it and looks like your right.... I
dont need that....