[users@httpd] dynamic virtual hosts

 I am trying to setup a dynamic virtual hosting
 configuration. I have used traditional virtual
 hosting
 for a long time and have repeated tried to move to
 dynamic virtual hosting with no success, I have read
the documentation time and time again. I am
 using apache 2.0.53

 I would like a setup like the following... however I
am not sure whether apache supports/how you write
 such
 a configuration

 <VirtualHost 192.168.1.1>
 VirtualDocumentRoot /var/www/%0/htdocs>
 ServerName %0
 ServerAlias www.%0
 VirtualScriptAlias /var/www/%0/cgi-bin
 CustomLog /var/www/%0/logs/access_log vhost_mod
 RewriteEngine on
 RewriteCond %{REQUEST_METHOD} ^(TRACE|TRACK)
 RewriteRule .* - [F]
 </VirtualHost>

 the main problem however is that even with a simple
 configuration attempt I get forbidden access message
 all the time.... I assume this has something to do
 with rewrite part of my traditional setup, because I
 have not the faintest idea how to implement that in
 dynamic configuration...... of course if no one
 knows
 how I could do the above something like this will
 suffice....

 VirtualDocumentRoot /var/www/%0/htdocs
 VirtualScriptAlias /var/www/%0/cgi-bin

 as long as I can access the pages... I have no idea
 what that rewrite rule does... but it makes my
 traditional virtual hosts work....

 James Nicolson