Re: [users@httpd] Re: Can't run cgi scripts on mounted fat partition

> > That's what I did as well. I even copied the working example from my
> > linux cgi-directory to the windows one, just to be sure. When I log on
> > as wwwrun and run the script on the fat partition from the commandline
> > everything works fine.
>
> Exactly how do you run it?  Do you know that
> perl script.pl
> and
> ./script.pl
> are very different.  Apache does something much closer to the latter.

Thanks Joshua!
I didn't take that into account.
I found out that I have to add the "exec" option in my fstab, and now it
works. Here is my fstab entry:

/dev/hda5  /windows/D  vfat  users,gid=users,umask=0000,rw,exec  0 0

But I still don't understand why I could see the execute rights for all
files and folders although this was wrong. Anyway I'm glad to have it
working now.

Thanks a lot for all your contributions
Peter

Sykora Peter