Re: [users@httpd] Simple Proxy Pass - Help Please

quick scrawl, along these lines:

Apache listening on IP for www.hostname.com port80.

httpd.conf has :

ProxyRequests off
ProxyPass / http://backend-server:8080/websitedir
ProxyPassReverse / http://backend-server:8080/

if you get issues re websitedir, check httpd doccos for the above
directives and it tells you all about it.
you might also need to specify in tomcat connector the hostname to respond
to depending on how you have it set up.

> I am trying to tie together the Tomacat Server (5.5.9)  with APache
> 1.3.
>
> This said I am using the ProxyPass & PorxyPassReverse to make the
> experience a seamless one.
>
> Ideally I would like the Browsers address
>
> www.hostname.com to connect to the TOmacat Server at
> www.hostname.com:8080/websitedir but have the user only see
> www.hostname.com
>
> Any Ideas?
>
> --
> Albert E. Whale, CHS CISA CISSP
> Sr. Security, Network, Risk Assessment and Systems Consultant
> Computer Technology, Inc. - www.ABS-CompTech.com
> SPAM Zapper - No-JunkMail.com - Spam-Zapper.com - SPAM Stops Here.
> President of the Pittsburgh InfraGard Alliance

This email was sent by Ethicalwebsites.co.uk.
   "Ethicalwebsites.co.uk - Internet Solutions for the UK"
http://www.ethicalwebsites.co.uk/