Re: [users@httpd] mod_jk for Apache 1.3

Albert Whale wrote:
> Josh Cheney wrote:
>
>> I am not familiar with mod_jk, but I just wrote a rewrite rule to
>> forward all .jsp requests to Tomcat, and let Apache handle the rest.
>>
>>    RewriteEngine on
>>    RewriteRule ^/(.+).jsp http://192.168.11.203:80$0 [P]
>>
>> Just replace the IP and port number with your values, and you should be
>> good to go. All jsp pages will be passed to Tomcat, but Apache will
>> handle everything else.
>>

> Is it possible to get this set up as a Transparent Proxy?
>
> I want to set you www.hostname.com -> www.hostname.com:8080/website
> and always present it back to the user as www.hostname.com
>
> this is what I need.

<Location />
	ProxyPass   http://www.hostname.com:8080/
	ProxyPassReverse   http://www.hostname.com:8080/
</Location>

This set of tags, when placed within the containers where your
DocumentRoot is defined, will proxy all traffic from the source machine
to the destination machine.
--
Josh Cheney
joshc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx