Re: [users@httpd] Question about Apache RewriteCond Syntax on Proxy Configuration

On 4/21/05, Paula Nousiainen <paula.nousiainen@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
> How could I make my Apache static content proxy to understand specified file
> names ?
>
> I have  a global system with users in US Madison and in Finland Helsinki.
> Helsinki is the main site and Madison users are using remotely DB located in
> Helsinki.
>
> User at Madison connects to application through Apache 7003 port:
> http://sun-MADISON:7003/ematrix_xml/WebClient/eMatrixAppletDownloadXML-MDS.jsp
>
> Plan is to forward all other request to main web server at Helsini except
> applets mentioned in first RewriteCond
> and static files defined in second RewriteCond:

> ProxyPassReverse / http://sun-MADISON:7003/
> RewriteEngine On
> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI}
> !.*(eMatrixAppletDownloadXML.jar|SwingDownload.jar|eMatrixAppletDownload.cab|SwingDownload.cab)$
> [OR]
> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI}
> !.*\.(jpg|gif|pdf|png|zip|tgz|gz|html|htm|css|js)$
> RewriteRule ^/(.*) http://sun-MADISON:7003/$1 [P]
>
> Please, help me to find the reason why this is not working as excepted ?

Well, your problem is not clearly specified.  Exactly what types of
request do you want to go to what place?  Obviously the above
RewriteConds are bad: Any request will match either one or the other.
If what you want to do is exclude all those jars and other extensions
from the proxy,then simply remove the [OR] to get the proper logic.

In general, you should always use the RewriteLog to help debug
mod_rewrite problems.

Joshua.