Re: [users@httpd] Search and Replace in ResponseHeader

Hello,
Nick Kew wrote:

Manuel Blechschmidt wrote:
Hello Group,
I want to change a cookie path which is created by a cgi script. The
script is encoded and I can't change it. The URL in which way the script
is opened is rewritten, so the cookie path is wrong.

Sounds like a poorly-designed CGI script, if it hardwires that path.
Yeah, it is a poorly-designed CGI Script. It is epages5. www.epages.de. We are able to hack it but I am not allowed to do this ;-) and at the moment we have big problems with the support, because our questions are to complex.

SetEnvIf Cookies ".*SessionID=(.*)" SessionID=$1
        ^^^^^ This only works with RequestHeaders

SetEnvIf directives are dealt with before your CGI script runs,
so they can't work on headers set by the script.
Hmm I though of something like that.

What exactly are you trying to do?
www.naturideen.com that is our site, we are rewriting URLs and then we put them into the CGI Script. But know the CGI Script thinks it uses another path and so it puts the wrong path into the cookie.
Now we have to rewrite the cookie

Rewrite URL -> Put URL into CGI -> CGI gives back Cookie -> Rewrite Cookie

FWIW, mod_proxy can modify
cookies in proxied requests.

I am not familar with mod_proxy, does this also work with local proxies? Can you give me some links for this?

 Would a generalisation of that in
mod_headers, maybe with regexp-based rewriting, serve your purposes?
Yeah, that would solve my problem. Probably I could implement this myself or pay for the implementation.

Greetings and thanks for the fast answer
    Manuel

--
HybridWorx - Puxbaumer & Blechschmidt Gbr
Manuel Blechschmidt