Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.0.52 & Windows 2000/2003 - intermittent hangs

On 4/18/05, Laura Boylan <lboylan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I need some expert assistance to pinpoint the cause of intermittent hangs affecting high-traffic web servers running Apache 2.0.52 & ColdFusion MX 6.1 under Windows.
>
> I've been working for months on this issue with senior engineers at Macromedia and more recently with engineers at Microsoft. This issue has stumped all of them -- no one has been able to pin down the cause, and both companies are now telling me that they think the issue is in Apache and that I should engage an Apache consulting resource.
>
> I'd love to do that, but I don't know where to find such a resource.
>
> Below is a summary of the issue.
> Can anyone on this list offer assistance, or point me to someone who might be able to help?

Looks like a nasty problem.  I can't be of much help, although I would
make sure you are following the directions here:
http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/binaries/win32/README.html#problems

As far as apache consultants, I would start with Covalent
technologies.  I've never personally delt with them as a company, but
I know that they have, at various times, employed some of the top
apache developers.

Joshua.